These Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) provide basic information about topics of interest to people new to Software-Defined Networking (SDN) or associated software architectures.
- What is the structure of the SDN Knowledge Base?
- What are some additional SDN Websites?
- What is Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and why does it matter?
- What is Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and why does it matter?
- What are some solutions to rapidly deploy SDN on existing networks?
- SDN and NFV: what's the difference?
- What do Anything-as-a-Service (XaaS) and similar terms mean?
Answers to other questions about SDN can be found in this SDN FAQ. (Even through that article is several years old, the questions [and answers] are still pertinent.)
To contribute an article to the SDN knowledge base, or to correct/update an existing article, please contact sdn-team [at] dren.mil.